The pleading writer
I utterly hate the term “I write therefore I am writer.” It just seems tacky and overused. Why not choose a different line like… “I am writer because I have a drink problem.” Or “I’ve had a crappy life therefore I can write crappy.” Or how about my personal favourite. “I’m damage beyond repair so I try to fix myself by writing all my evil demons.”
Yeah, I am a writer. I’m not sure if I am any good, but you know what? I like it like that (For now) because I have no one on my back telling me what I can and can’t be. But I think life-problems, plus writing come hand in hand; like a pen in one and a whiskey in the other.
I’m damaged but guess what? So are you! I have the nuts to say it… Hooray! We’re Doomed! (Insert smiley face here.)
You cannot see your damage, yet, but you know it’s there. I see my damage wherever I am.
I lied in bed last night and for around one hour I had to watch faces protrude from my walls. TRUE STORY!
My inspiration for some of my (weirder) stories comes for what I am. It’s all experience if we have lived it. They say “If you want to be noticed, you have to stand out from the crowd.” I’m standing right here, I’m not going anywhere.
But I write for me, something some of you guys don’t do. When I think of an idea I make sure that it hasn’t been touched before, I hate finger-prints; and if it’s a catchy idea like ‘The Vampire’ then I make sure I give it my own twist.
I don’t know what I’m saying, stop reading, I’ve been drinking a wee bit.
I guess all I am saying for us both, have faith within yourself because right here right now you’re the only person who does. That’s the stuff legends are made of when you finally figure it out.
One day at a time.
Keep your pen busy!
- Essentials of Writing. Part 1 (youngadultfictionblog.com)
- You Want to be a Writer? What! (mdkelleher.wordpress.com)
- Inspecting our Writings Imperfections (garrisonpublishing.wordpress.com)
- Guest Post: Don’t Buy the Myth of the ‘True Writer’ (thefireinourheads.com)
- Question of Identity: What is a Writer? (journeyfoot.com)
- How Far Should You Develop an Idea Before Selling It? (growthology.org)
- Creative Writing Prompts – Supercharge Your Creative Writing Today (testprep.answers.com)
- Notebook Routines (twowritingteachers.wordpress.com)
- Who AM I as a writer? (au697wednesdaysblog.wordpress.com)
- Writer’s block: We’ve all had it. (english11463fall2013pedraza.wordpress.com)